The artist for the above image is @Kayas_Kosmos!
I don’t have many tangible stims, or stim ‘toys’ (I prefer accessibility aids). I do a lot of stimming but I don’t have anything at the moment.
- I tap each of my fingers to my thumb
- I bite my nails
- I play with my beard
- I play with ribbon pieces randomly
- I rotate my wedding ring
- I suck the insides of my cheeks
- I chew on the edges of mon tongue
- I put pressure from my tongue on the top of my mouth
- I grind my teeth
- I type a lot – I think this is stimming for me
- I pet my cats
- To be honest most of the time I just shake subtlety by bouncing my knee.
I need to get something at some point – I need something to chew, but I just can’t afford anything right now. So I will keep using the ones that give me ulcers and aren’t actually that bad.
I never really stim in public. People look at me strangely – I don’t like feeling like an alien if I can avoid it so I just bottle up the stress – there’s always the ability to meltdown at home. Just have to keep it in, with a smile.
Daily blog challenge
I will be writing every day on Autism for April using this list of prompts:
Alt-Text Format with links to other blogs – Autism Acceptance Month – 30 Days of Acceptance and appreciation:
- Day 1 – Introduction
- Day 2 – What I love about being Autistic is…
- Day 3 – My diagnosis/discovery story
- Day 4 – Reactions to “coming out
- Day 5 – Special Interests
- Day 6 – Supports and Appreciation
- Day 7 – The Autistic Community
- Day 8 – Favorite Autistic Blog
- Day 9 – Favourite Autistic-owned Business
- Day 10 – Sensory Life
- Day 11 – Stims
- Day 12 – Favorite Autism-charity
- Day 13 – Family
- Day 14 – Routine
- Day 15 – Everyone should know…
- Day 16 – Work/School
- Day 17 – Accommodations
- Day 18 – Someday…
- Day 19 – I hate it when…
- Day 20 – Communication
- Day 21 – One thing other people don’t understand
- Day 22 – Dispel a myth
- Day 23 – Can’t live without…
- Day 24 – Political Issue
- Day 25 – Symbols!
- Day 26 – Favorite Autism book
- Day 27 – Identity Language
- Day 28 – Dealing with meltdowns
- Day 29 – Famous Autistics
- Day 30 – Acceptance means…